- Sun and Moon Pokies
- Penny Pokies
- 20 Payline
- 5 reel and 3 Rows
- Play for free or for real money
- Download or Instant
Based on the Mayan Astrological calendar, the Sun and Moon pokies from Aristocrat was released in 2018. This pokies game has some wonderful features and a number of symbols that are reminiscent of Mayan culture. Being an ancient culture it revolves and has faith in Sun and the Moon. The Sun & Moon symbols each promise to bring greater prosperity to you whenever they appear on one of 20 pay lines stretched across 5 reels.
Sun and Moon is all about the ancient Mesoamerican culture, with various deities displayed on the reels, as well as temples and jewelry. The Temple is the Mystery symbol that reveals a randomly chosen icon. Sun and Moon are Wilds and Scatters that trigger free spins.
What do you find in Sun And Moon Design?
When you will load the game to play you will find an ancient pyramid temple that looms over a cool blue and green playing field that’s accented with highly detailed icons plucked from the jungles of Central America. Aristocrat’s standard card-deck symbols, which are similar to the cards that are used to play Caribbean stud poker, provide you with minimal rewards, but the bigger earnings start with the green, pink and blue gold-accented charms. A golden face mask wearing a huge headdress pays out the highest of all the standard symbols and a stone pyramid can appear on reel 2 and reveal an additional prize.
What are the winning combinations in Sun and the Moon Pokies?
While playing this pokies game you will come across many winning combinations will reward you the most. The game has many features that keep the game lively. Interestingly, the same two symbols represent the Wild and Scatter symbols: the Sun and the Moon symbols. Apart from the Temple Mystery icon, which turns into a randomly chosen icon every time it appears on the reels, Sun and Moon offers a Free Spins feature. Players can trigger either 5, 10, 20, or 50 freebies, during which time, all wins will be doubled.
- The golden sun-god symbol and the cool blue moon-god symbol can appear by themselves on the reels, they can also combine to offer the same benefits. Remember that one can’t substitute for the other, yet both can substitute for any other symbol in the game.
- When 2, 3, 4, or 5 of these moons or suns appear on the reels, you win 5, 10, 20 or 50 free games, and all your wins during free games are doubled. Additionally, the feature can be retriggered while it’s playing, which results in a heavy shower of gold coins.
- The gamble feature is another one to reward you. In the game you can access this feature via the Gamble button located beside the Spin button on the lower right of your screen. Each time you win, you have the option of keeping that prize, or opening the gambling game to try to double or quadruple it. Just guess what card is going to appear. If you choose the correct card color, your bet is doubled. If you take it a step further and choose the correct suit, your bet is multiplied times four. You can gamble your winnings up to five times before spinning again
- Wilds/Scatters, as well as some high-paying icons will deliver payouts even for two of a kind, while for other symbols three of a kind is the minimum for landing wins. Sun and Moon Scatters will get you 1,000 coins for five of a kind, or 500 coins if you mix them up.
What symbol pays in Sun and Moon Pokies?
- Sun and Moon Bonus Free Spins
- Mixed Sun and Moon Symbols Pay
- One of a kind Sun or Moon symbol pay
The game is set up on a 5×3 grid with 20 pay lines and standard features that include Wilds, Scatters, and Free Spins. Fortunately, the Sun and Moon pokies has some usual features that make the gameplay more interesting. These features include:
- Wilds – Interestingly, the Wild symbol is represented by two symbols that can be used interchangeably, and they are a Golden Sun symbol and a Silver Moon symbol. The Wild symbols are used to substitute for other symbols except each other to create winning combinations.
- Scatter – Like the Wilds, the Scatter symbol is also represented by the Sun and the Moon symbols. The symbols are also responsible for activating this game’s Free Spins feature.
- Sun and Moon Pay – By landing two or more one-of-a-kind Sun & Moon symbols on adjacent reels from the leftmost reel, players are entitled to earn some amazing wins. Furthermore, landing three or more mixed symbols on the same arrangement will also earn sizable winnings. Lastly, landing three or more scattered one-of-a-kind or mixed Wild symbols anywhere on the reels will also give out winnings.
- Free Spins – When you land 2, 3, 4, or 5 Sun/Moon (of a kind or mixed) symbols, the game will award 5, 10, 20, or 50 free games. Thus, all prizes are doubled during the Free Spin feature, and more Free Spins can still be retriggered. Certainly, you should note that just like most pokies games, all the bets and lines played during the Sun and Moon bonus rounds are the same as the round that triggered it.
- Pyramid Symbol – The symbol randomly appears on reel 2 only so as to reveal a paying symbol.
You will find below the Sun and Moon pokies machine online game’s payable and what each symbol pays. The symbols include the traditional card symbols and other icons that conform to this pokies theme.
|Symbols||2 Symbols||3 Symbols||4 Symbols||5 Symbols|
|Green and gold totem||N/A||10x||40x||150x|
|Blue and gold dream catcher||2x||20x||50x||200x|
|Pink and gold ring||2x||20x||50x||200x|
|Purple and gold tribal mask||2x||50x||150x||300x|
|A mixture of tribal sun and moon icons||N/A||100x||250x||500x|
|A scattered mixture of tribal sun and moon icons||N/A||2x||20x||50x|
Q1. Is Sun and Moon best pokies for a beginner?
Yes, Sun and Moon is the best pokies for a beginner player. There are flexible betting options that let you wager anywhere from 2 coins to 5100 per spin, making Sun & Moon a good game for any level of risk-taker.
When you play the real money version of this game, it is obvious that you have to wager on each round with real money. The bet per round made will determine how much payout will be earned. So, the higher your wager, the higher the potential return.
Q2. How to play Sun and Moon pokies?
First, you need is to select the number of lines to play on. The game has 20 adjustable paylines, and you can choose to play using 1, 5, 10, 15, or 20 lines.
The next step is to select the amount of bet per line, which will determine the total bet per spin.
You can easily start the gameplay by pressing the “spin” button to get the reels to start spinning. Alternatively, you can also use the “autoplay feature” to automatically spin the reels for a predetermined number of rounds.
You win when you manage to land three or more identical symbols on adjacent reels starting from the leftmost reel. For some symbols, landing two identical ones will also payout cash prizes.
Q3. Where can I play Sun and Moon Pokies?
You can play Sun and Moon Pokies for free or for real money. You can play at land casinos in Australia and New Zealand or at Vegas.
At online casinos you can only play this pokies game for free. Sun and Moon pokies also is available through Aristocrat free game apps like Heart of Vegas and Cash Man Casino.
Q4. What is the RTP of Sun and Moon Pokies?
Aristocrat developed the pokies game with a return to player rate of 94.98%, which is quite good. It means that for every $100 wagered on the game’s reels over some time, the game is expected to pay back $94.98. However, the RTP is theoretical and may not always be the case.
Coupled with the above-average RTP of 94.98%, the Sun and Moon online slots also have a low to medium volatility, allowing players to land frequent wins, though in small amounts. The RTP and volatility of this game give a good prospect of potentially going home with sizable winnings.
Q5. Do I have to download this game?
The no download or free download Sun and Moon slot machine game does not require it. Instead, the game uses the latest HTML5 technology and can be easily accessed and played on your desktop or mobile device’s browser.