Beginner’s Guide to Pokies
Guide to pokies is important tool for beginner’s or players that are visiting the online or land casino for the first time.
If you are novice in playing pokies but are amazed with the bright colors of the pokies machines and their glamour at the casinos then this guide to pokies is certainly will help you. The outstanding animations and graphics, video effects and high payout ratio will lure you to try these machines and try your luck to win too.
So are you afraid to venture into the casino or at the sight of pokies game as how to start then first you need to understand how such pokies machines work and what they wish to say about to the player before you touch them to spin the reels. Even if you are already an experienced casino player, and you have been playing off-line in real big casinos it can be a bit different from online.
When playing pokies you need to understand some of the basic things before you get started. Let’s dive.
Guide to Pokies – Understand the pokies game
Pokies games are gaming machines that are found both at land casinos and online casinos. These pokies games are simple to play. At online casinos pokies games are in video format where you need an internet to play the pokies on gaming device be it PC, Tablet, Mobile or Laptop.
Before you find any pokies game to play, it’s important to understand how they work before you start in this guide to pokies.
A – The basic structure of the pokies game
A typical pokies machine has three or five reels that spin when you push a button or pull a lever. The object of the game is to match symbols on the reels to win payouts.
Now its time to turn to get inside them deeper. So what do you see in such machines apart from the great sound, lights and graphics. Well look again there are each online pokies has a general number of buttons and features.
In this guide to pokies understand the buttons in brief before going below into detail:
- Play Button- This is to press or click to start your game show
- Bet One/Max- Clicking this button will allow you set your bets. You can choose to have a low bet say few cents or a dollar to higher stakes as much as you wish or as much the game offers you to bet maximum. For example, from 0.5 to 100 coins. Meaning, you can bet half a coin on every spin, or 100 coins, or anything in between. Needless to say, the higher your Bet Amount is, the higher the reward will be.
- Paylines- These have been explained in detail below in this post. Just here you can say they are winning combinations that appear on lines. More active lines give more chances to win.
Most pokies games give you the option to decide with how many Pay Lines you wish to play, and you’ll need to multiply that by the Bet Amount. If you decide to play with 2 coins and choose five Pay Lines, you will bet 10 coins on every spin. The higher the risks are, the higher the rewards.
Once you made these two decisions, you are ready to play. The only other decision you’ll need to make is a very simple one: to click yourself every time on the Play button, or select the AutoPlay.
- Auto play- Almost all of the pokies games have this feature where you need not spin manually but click on Autoplay and this button will do the no stop spins for you.
- Coins- Most of the pokies machines also have this button which can use to point coins value. The term ‘coins’ is used to simplify the user experience. Instead of dealing all the time with exchange rates, in each country the term ‘coin’ refers to the local currency.
- Info/Paytable- Almost all the pokies machines have this button where you can click and find more information and details of the game; how can you play, the rules of the game, symbols and bonuses in the game.
- Cashier- When you click this button you are taken to the cashier page where you can make a deposit or even cash out your winnings while playing the pokies game
- Option- This button is also important in any pokie game as with this you can either change the sound, mute or low or loud the sound as well as same for brightness and contrast to low or high as you wish as well as how you wish the spin features all this can be customized with this button.
B – The Paylines
The most important parts are reels, paylines and symbols. Actually, almost all such games have 5 reels but the number of paylines can be different as more activated lines give more chances to win playing a pokies. Well, on paylines appear combinations of symbols and you have to collect only winning combos on these lines. Use Info or Paytable button to find detailed information about winning combinations on lines.
Also, there are other buttons. For example, Bet One and Bet Max. They help to set your bet. Be careful and play with low bets if you are a new here. It is the gold rule for those who want to learn how to win playing pokies machines. Also don’t forget to practice using demo versions.
You are often going to select a pokies game to play based on your available bankroll, and in most cases this will allow you to play a pokies with all of its available paylines in play, for by doing so you are never going to see a winning combination spinning in on a payline you haven’t put into play.
Guide to Pokies – Types of payline structures
1.Single Payline Pokies – A Classic pokies game or the Fruit Machine games such as the Bundle in the Jungle pokies found online all usually offer just one single payline, do be aware thought the latter named games do come with a huge number of bonus features, and as such if you are looking for easy to play pokies then opt to play the Classic pokies instead, one good one to play is the Cash Clams Pokies.
2. Three Payline Pokies – You will find quite a number of three payline pokies online, but you need to be aware that these games often reward maximum line players with a larger jackpot, so if you fancy playing such a pokie do consider giving the Jewel Thief Pokie game a whirl and play it with all three lines in play.
3. 5 Payline Pokies – You will not find lots of 5 payline pokies available online, but if you do play at a Microgaming powered casino then do checkout their Crazy Chameleons Pokies, for when you play this game all winning combinations can be formed both ways.
4. Nine Payline Pokies – You will often find the 9 payline pokies games available online are weighted, which means to get the best winning chances you need to play all of the 9 paylines to get the best long term payout percentage, and as such always play maximum lines spins when playing this type of pokies online.
5. Fifteen Payline Pokies – Many progressive pokies games boast a 15 payline structure, and one such pokies is the Cash Splash video pokies game, a large base game jackpot is offered on this pokies but by always playing 15 paylines activated you get the chance of winning a huge jackpot on each spin set into motion.
6. Twenty Payline Pokies – The most commonly played pokies games are the 20 payline pokies, for these pokies allow you to play a fairly large number of spins for low stakes and can also offer a range of unique bonus games.
7. Twenty Five Payline Pokies – There are hundreds of 25 payline pokies games accessible online, and as such if you fancy playing one or more of them, then checkout our individual pokies game reviews as we are finding it hard to pick one of them which is better than all the rest of them.
8. Thirty Payline Pokies – You will find 30 payline pokies not only available as standard pokies games but several of them are used as the base game on pokies tournaments, one such pokies which is always guaranteed to offer plenty of entertainment and winning opportunities is the Mad Hatters Pokies.
9. Forty Payline Pokies – Only a small number of online pokies game designers have launched 40 payline pokies, so you will have to do some research finding out just which casinos offer these types of pokies machines, Microgaming powered sites for reference have a large collection of 40 payline pokies.
10. 50 Payline Pokies – If it is 50 payline pokies you fancy playing then make sure you give the Gladiator pokies a try, for this pokies will give you a set of 100 free spins whenever three or more scatter symbols drop into view. Also play 50 lions pokies from Aristocrat gaming,
11. 100 Payline Pokies – The maximum number of adjustable paylines you are going to find attached to online pokies games is 100, and one pokies which is perfect for anyone looking to play such a game is the Cashapillar Pokies.
Guide to pokies – How to get started to play pokies at online casinos?
Here in this guide to pokies find how to start to play pokies at online casinos as a new player.
Play pokies now at OZwin online casino
- Select a casino: You need to choose a reputed online casino that that suits all your requirements, criteria and all the benefits that may derived from it like the bonuses and other offers you may need to play.
- Next visit the casinos website: Type the casino url on your web browser or mobile browser then look at the casino, analyze it by reviewing its license, games offered, methods of deposits and withdrawals bonuses it offers and customer support. You can find all this in their about us, banking, games, and contact or support sections of the website.
- Now see how they offer you to get started. Do they ask you to download the free software or open the no download casino in your browser; this may cause delay sometimes but if players want to play for a period of time, this is necessary. Many casinos these days offer instant games where you need not download anything but just click on the choice of your game and play. Also most online casinos have mobile apps to download to enjoy some of the best casino games on cell phones and tablets.
- Also the casino will ask you to register an account by entering your details; be careful with the details that the you would set-up. All the winnings and important facts will be sent to this contact details. This is of course done in an online casino only. It is necessary to sign up or register your account if you wish to play or gamble with real money.
- Now visit the casinos Cashier section to make a deposit; in some pokies machines there is a cashier button and you will at once be taken to the cashier page or section to make the deposit to play the pokies game.
- Claim your sign up bonus; before starting to a real game, you must claim first initial bonus to use for the initial play. This may be a very good start avoiding losing big money.
- Select a pokies from the casinos game menu; Select a bet size; a lot of options are offered, if you want a bigger prize, you must put a bigger stake, but if you wants to play for a longer time, you must put a smaller stakes.
- Press spin to start playing and wish for better luck.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Licensing and regulation: Make sure the online casino is licensed and regulated by a reputable authority, such as the UK Gambling Commission, the Malta Gaming Authority, or the Kahnawake Gaming Commission. This ensures that the casino operates fairly and in accordance with industry standards.
- Game selection: Look for an online casino that offers a wide variety of pokie games, from classic three-reel pokies to modern video pokies with advanced features and bonus rounds. The more options you have, the more likely you are to find a game that suits your preferences.
- Software providers: Check which software providers the online casino works with. Reputable providers include NetEnt, Microgaming, Playtech, RTG and Betsoft, among others. A good casino will work with multiple providers to offer a diverse selection of high-quality games.
- Payment options: Make sure the casino offers safe and secure payment options that are convenient for you. Look for a casino that supports a variety of payment methods, such as credit cards, e-wallets, and bank transfers.
- Bonuses and promotions: Check what bonuses and promotions the online casino offers, such as welcome bonuses, free spins, and loyalty programs. These can help you maximize your bankroll and provide more opportunities to win.
- Customer support: Make sure the casino has reliable customer support that can assist you with any issues or questions you may have. Look for a casino that offers 24/7 support through live chat, email, or phone.
Guide to pokies – How to select the pokies to play?
- Choose the right machine: Look for a machine that fits your budget and playing style. In this guide to pokies, we say that pokies with higher denominations usually have higher payouts, but they also require larger bets. If you’re playing for fun and don’t want to risk too much money, look for pokies with lower denominations. Moreover you can play the pokies without any real money too.
- Bet the maximum: Many pokies games offer higher payouts when you bet the maximum amount. Make sure you understand the payout structure of the machine you’re playing and bet the maximum if it makes sense for your budget.
- Pay attention to the paytable: Before you start playing, take a few minutes to review the paytable of the pokies game. This will show you which symbols you need to match to win payouts, as well as the value of each symbol and any special features or bonus rounds. You can find paytable on the gaming screen with the icon I or help section.
- Start with simple pokies: If you’re beginner’s to playing pokies, then in this guide to pokies remember to start with games that have simpler gameplay and fewer features. This will help you get a feel for how the game works before moving on to more complex machines.
- Have fun: Remember, playing pokies should be a fun and entertaining experience. Don’t get too caught up in winning or losing, and never gamble more than you can afford to lose. Enjoy the game and have fun.
Final Verdict – Guide to Pokies
Overall, playing pokies is a simple and enjoyable way to gamble, and with a little luck, you could win big payouts. Just remember to play responsibly and have fun. Remember, playing pokies is a game of chance, and there is no guaranteed way to win. Set a budget for yourself and only gamble what you can afford to lose.